Welcome to the homepage of The Rockford Burns Club
The portrait of "The Bard", Robbie
Burns, was painted by reknowned artist George Robertson, and presented to the Rockford Burns Club in 1875. It has presided
over every annual Robert Burns Banquet since.
- Formed in November of 1858, The Rockford Burns Club is the oldest continuous social and
ethnic organization in the city of Rockford, Illinois, and one of the oldest Robert Burns clubs in both the United States,
as well as Internationally.
- If you would like to know more about the rich history of Scottish
heritage in the Rockford, Illinois area, the book "'To the Immortal Memory' - A History of the Rockford Burns Club"
is available for $5.00 plus $5.00 USPS Priority Mail.
It is 64 pages of interesting reading, written by G.Douglas Nicoll,
Ph.D., Professor of History - Beloit College, Ret.
For more information about The Rockford Burns Club, or to request
your copy of "The Immortal Memory", contact us via the email link below.
- Check out
our latest Newsletter on the Newsletter page.
- We thank Walkers Shortbread for being an ongoing
supporter of the Rockford Burns Club through their GENEROUS donation of their fine shortbread products at our various events!!!
- Join us this Saturday,April 2, 2016, for our Annual Tartan Day Celebration ceremony at Rockford's Veteran's Memorial
Hall at 12:00 Noon with refreshments immediately following.
- Saturday,January 28, 2017 is the
date of our Annual Burns Banquet. Please visit the Banquet page for additional information as the date approaches.